Friday, October 8, 2010

Spaghetti Squash



This week I made Spaghetti Squash for the first time. It was really easy to make and did end up looking a lot like Spaghetti (when you cut the squash apart you can't tell at all and I was SURE that I would find some way to turn it into mush instead of strands) Lots of websites advocated using the squash in place of Spaghetti (which I tried out) but I really didn't like that. My favortie way to eat it was just baked with little brown sugar and butter, or with some salt and pepper when it was first roasted.

Baked Spaghetti Squash

Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half, remove seeds, and brush with olive oil.
Bake facedown at 375 for 45 minutes.
Rake a fork accross the squash and it will seperate into Spaghetti like strands

annnnd thats it!



There are seeds that look (and taste) like pumpkin seeds, but no where near as many as in a pumpkin. Still I saved them and roasted them with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder and they were yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pix Christie! Bon appétit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fork picture should be framed on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen sent me over here, if you're now wondering why you have a follower with a picture of Rob ;) Please tell me you know who he is.

    As Jen knows, I hate to cook, but this actually looks like something I could make and that my health-nut son would love.

    Good luck with your blog. Always remember that it should be fun.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete